16 August 2008

Wild berries Pie (Pastel de frutos silvestres)















I really love baking when I see Ben invited to event of Baking I always think to post something, because I love it. My problem was choose the recipe, I have a lot of baking recipes and you know are many recipes of baking in the world. Finally I make this lovely (I think) Wild berries Pie and the crust was really nice and tasty....and the filling too.







This is my entry to "I love baking" who hosted by Ben from http://whatscooking.us/ to the sweet part.



Ingredients
2 cups of plain flour
125 grs. cold butter in cubes
3 tablespoons of sugar
1 egg
3 tablespoon of milk

1 yolk with water or milk
to brush the pie
Caster sugar to powdered

To filling
500 grs. wild berries (strawberries,raspberries and blueberries)
I used strawberries and raspberries
2 tablespoons of orange's juice
4 tablespoons of caster sugar
2 tablespoon of corn flour

Method /dough




In a a bowl place the flour,sugar and butter and join well, with hands or with a beater, mix well until the dough is crumbed. Add the egg mix and finally the milk slowly and join to make the dough.


Divide the dough in two parts and wrap them with plastic film, keep at the fridge by 30 minutes.


Make the filling:

In a pot place a part of the wild berries and add the orange's juice, the sugar and the corn flour, cook slow heat and stirring with a wood spoon, cook by 5 minutes or until is thick, add the other part of berries and cut the fire.Let chill and reserve.

PREHEAT THE OVEN, medium heat. (about 180º C)

Make the dough

Take one part and roll making a dough to cover first the bottom of the pan (I use normally a pan of 24/26 cm) Filling with the mix of berries and roll the other part to cover.

Brush with a mix of yolk egg and water the Pie.

Bake at the oven about 30 minutes or until is golden.

When is ready powdered with caster sugar and garnish if you like with some berries.

Note: You may eat with: Vanilla Ice cream, whipped cream or alone.

EN ESPAÑOL

Realmente de las cosas de la cocina que màs amo es cocinar al horno, todo tipo de cosas asì que cuando vì que Ben de http://whatscooking.us/ tenìa un evento de Baking lo ùnico que querìa era participar he ido a su blog varias veces, tiene muy buenas recetas y me encanta.

Lo que màs me costò fue elegir la receta, podìa ser dulce o salado y de ahì a elegir, tengo tantas recetas entre libros, de mi mamà, de mis abuelas etc. finalmente me decidì por este Pie de frutos silvestres que es delicioso y la masa me encantò es super fina y queda delicioso, les dirè que lo hice ayer y por suerte le saquè fotos no quedò nada, es una pena, me habrìa comido un trocito al desayuno.

Ingredientes Masa

2 tazas de harina normal

125 grs. de mantequilla bien frìa

3 cucharadas de azùcar

1 huevo

3 cucharadas de leche

1 yema de huevo con agua para pintar el pastel

Azùcar glass para espolvorear

Relleno berries

500 grs. de cualtipo de berries (fresas,moras,frambuesas,aràndanos) yo usè frambuesas y fresas (frutillas). (congeladas pero si tienen frescas mejor)

2 cucharadas de jugo de naranja

4 cucharadas de azùcar

2 cucharadas de maicena o harina de maiz

Mètodo masa

Colocar en un bowl la harina,mantequilla y azùcar y unir bien puede ser con la batidora o con las manos hasta que la mezcla estè migosa, agregar el huevo y la leche de a poco. Unir bien haciendo una masa como para tarta o pie. Dividir en dos partes y cubrir con un film plàstico dejar en el refrigerador por 30 minutos.

Relleno de berries

En una olla medina colocar una parte de la mezcla de berries (frescas o congeladas) agregar la harina de maiz,el jugo de naranja y el azùcar y cocinar a fuego suave por 5 minutos o hasta que la mezcla estè espesa. Agregar la otra parte de berries, revolver y apagar el fuego. Dejar enfriar.Reservar.

PRECALENTAR EL HORNO A FUEGO MEDIO ( 180º C)

Preparaciòn de la masa

Con el rodillo estirar una parte de la masa para cubrir el molde de pie (yo uso de 24/26cm) colocarlo en el fondo del molde y rellenar con la mezcla de berries, estirar la otra parte de la masa y cubrir el Pie. Hacer una mezcla con la yema y un poco de agua frìa y pintar arriba la cubierta del Pie.

Llevar a horno medio por unos 30 minutos o hasta que la masa se vea dorada.

Cuando se retira se espolvorea con un poco de azucar glass y se puede decorar con berries.

Nota. Se puede comer con helado vainilla o con crema o nata batida o solo igual es rico.

36 comments:

  1. Que te va a quedar Glorita si seguro estaba exquisito, yo también me lo habría devorado. Siempre con tus frutos del bosque, me dan tentaciones a mil de comer esas cosas!
    Besos para ti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias Kako, claro tocò el feriado y estaban todos aquì se lo comieron de postre al almuerzo y noche, pero en realidad estaba bien rico Kako, besos amiga, Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pie looks amazing Gloria. I would love to have a nice thick slice right now but I would have to go to the farmers market once again for berries..maybe next time...I am having a day in doing some cooking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, excellent use of those summer berries! i think a strawberry-raspberry combination would be hard to top. it's a great-looking pie, gloria, nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Se ve delicioso y una presentación fantástica, qué buena aportación al evento. Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks dear Vall, and thanks to stopping by dear, I love berries!
    xxGloria

    Grace, many thanks, I enjoy the berries everytime!!! Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gracias Pilar, eres bienvenida, que gusto que hayas venido, cariñso, Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gloria,
    How are you today? This recipe looks great. I will have to try it when our wild berries ripen again.

    I send love. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gloria coincido contigo totalmente, me encanta hornear, todo lo que sea al horno me fascina, ya sea dulce o salado, se me van los ojos detrás de todas este tipo de recetas.

    Esta tuya es una verdadera tentación, jamás he preparado un Pie, le tengo respeto, todo será lanzarse.

    Un besote fuerte.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Que rico que tiene que estar este pastel con los fruos silvestres! Me encantan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful summer pie Gloria :) Keep up using those summer berries. I don't know how much longer they stay in season over in Chile, but summer is leaving the US soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Dear Lore, you are so nice!!! xxGloria

    Por favor Trota tù cocinas estupendo, demàs haces cualquier cosa. una de las primeras cosa que aprendìa fue el Pie de Limòn, me encanta, Gracias por venir, besos, Gloria

    Clumbsy Cookie.Gracias por venir, a mì tambièn me encantan los frutos silvestres! x Gloria

    Dear Adam, really we are in winter, Im waiting by the strawberries season that come soon!!listen, next seaon coming is Spring when you are in Autumn (I love Autum) I made this because I freeze some berries, and I love to use and here we have good berrues freeze. GLoria
    And Adam, I like to make these recipes because I love berries always.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Berries always look so beautiful. I could eat a slice of your pie now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. MMM, I can't tell you how much I like pies. Berry pies, in fact.

    I like the powered sugar on top...pretty and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pie is looking tempting dear. First time here. U have a nice and yummy blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute header Gloria!
    This pie sounds great, love that it doesn't have so much sugar so that the dominant note will still belong to the berries.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks a lot Margaret I love berries too! xxGloria

    Dear Emiline, yes?? I love pies a lot!!!specially from lemon or berries!! xxGloria

    Kitchen flavours, many thanks you are welcome here, Im glad you like.xxGloria

    Lore, mnay thanks I really love Berry Pies are so yummy, xxGloria

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your pie looks amazing Gloria dear! You can tell you bake from the heart with such passion :)

    Hugs Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH Gloria, this pie looks very delicious! I love berries in any way shape or form! Thanks so much my dear friend for the lovely birthday card!! It brought a huge smile to my face when I saw it. That was so thoughtful of you to send it to me! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks dear Rosie I love berries Pie or Tart! are so lovely and really I love baking!! xxGloria

    Dear Marie, Im happy you finally received the birth card I choose specially for you with a lovely house you see, I like so.Well now you know the mail is not soo bad from here to there!!! Is something.
    Yes I love berries tarta always!!! hugs, Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gloria,The picture of your pie looks so pretty, and I know it tastes good just by the way it looks! You're a sweetie, just like your pie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your food as always is gorgeous as is the picture. I can nearly taste that pie. So full of sunshine :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks Dear Marie, you blishing me ! I love pìes!! xxGloria

    Thanks dear Granny you are so sweet, really is a tasty pie! xxGloria

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful looking pie!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks Sylvie, you are so nice!!! xxGloria

    ReplyDelete
  26. Estos dulces estan muy ricos, pero este agosto me he pasado bastante (y aún no ha terminado) y creo que les voy a dar una tregua... Me encanta tus cambios de imagen... Para cuando otra foto tuya? besos y hasta pronto.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gracias Marìa Josè, sè que ha hecho mucho calor por allà, en cambio acà ha llovido ni que te cuento, te gustan las imagenes, me gusta cambiar ademàs esta me encantò, foto mìa pondrè de nuevo màs adelante ahora ando de Mafalda como puedes ver, un beso, Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh Gloria, this does look lovely. I am still waiting for the berries to be in season.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. WHOA Gloria...this pie is WILD!! I am going green with envy...it's beautiful. The second picture especially is stunning! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dear Nora I m waiting by fresh berries but moment I use freeze berries, are so nice! xxGloria

    Come on Deeba you cook absolutely beauty and yummy too.!!! Thanks dear, xxxGloria

    ReplyDelete
  31. Many thanks D.Danger, you are so nice,xGloria

    Dear Nicole many thanks,xxGloria

    ReplyDelete
  32. This can't have effect in actual fact, that's exactly what I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted