17 February 2014

Vanilla cake with pears









This year has been very difficult in terms of fruits here in my yard, others years had apricots, apples and pears after. In the spring there was a frost time  that made the flowers of the trees are falling, so no apricots, only  some apples (very few) and a  few pears.
When I had someones  (which survived) I thought I have to do something besides that I love and this is the recipe:
A cake with pears.

Source :If in doubt, bake a cake!







Vanilla cake con pears

For the pears
6 pears
3/4 lt water
300 g sugar
juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
1 cinnamon stick

Combine last 4 ingredients in a large saucepan, bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. 
Slice off the bottom of each peeled pear so that it stands upright and remove the seeds.
 Carefully put pears in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, turning occasionally, until pears are slightly tender and soft, for about 10 minutes. 
Transfer to a platter.

For the batter

180 g. butter room temperature
190 g sugar
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
190 g flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
40 ml milk




Preheat the oven to 180°c.
Grease 18 cm round cake pan.
Beat butter and sugar on medium speed until ligt and fluffy for about 5 minutes.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add the vanilla extract. Sift the flour and combine it with baking powder.
Reduce the speed of an electric mixer to low and add the half of the flour mixture to butter and egg mixture in a few additions.
Add milk, followed by the rest of dry ingredients. beat a few more times.
Pour the batter into the cake pan. carefully push in the pears until they reach the bottom.
Bake for about 1hour or until toothpick comes out clean.

You can serve with Vanilla Ice cream or some berries.









PRINT RECIPE


EN ESPAÑOL

Cake de vainilla con peras











Ingredientes

(para las peras)

6 peras
3/4 lt de agua
300 g de azúcar
jugo y cáscara de 1/2 limón
1 palo de canela

En una olla unir el agua, la canela, el jugo de limón y la cáscara de limón.
Pelar las peras con cuidado, sacar las semillas y cortar un trozo de la base para que se puedan parar bien.
Colocar las peras en la olla y poner a hervir un rato.
Cocinar por unos 10 minutos hasta que esten tiernas.
Reservar en un plato

Para el cake

180g de mantequilla
190 g de azúcar  
3 huevos
1/2 cucharadita de vainilla
190 g de harina
1 cucharadita de polvos de hornear
40 ml de leche

Preparación

Precalentar el horno a 180°c.
Engrasar un molde de 18 cm. de diámetro.
En un bol batir la mantequilla con el azúcar con batidora o a mano por unos 5 minutos.
Agregar los huevos de a uno. Batiendo bien.
Agregar la vainilla y finalmente la harina cernida con polvos de hornear.
Mezclar bien.
 Finalmente agregar la leche y mezclar bien hasta tener una mezcla suave.
Vaciar la mezcla en el molde y agregar cuidadosamente las peras, que queden  paraditas.
Llevar a horno por aproximadamente una hora o hasta que esté dorado.
Se puede pinchar con una brocheta de bambú.
Servir con helado o con frutos rojos.


 

94 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That is beautiful, Gloria! Looks so moist!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha!! Hi Betsy I think you will be number one again lol!
      is moist and delicious:)

      Delete
    3. I love pears, too. I've pinned it to try some time!

      Delete
    4. You can eat all !
      Im sure Pat doesn't like! lol

      Delete
  2. This looks awesome, I could have some of that right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brava cara Gloria!!
    Ti abbraccio :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your motto Gloria; "when in doubt...." :) This cake sounds fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gloria, you are such a teaser! I love this cake!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gloria,
    Your cake looks wonderful!
    And I wish I could grow apples, peaches and pears over here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Joyce is lovely but this year wasn't good, I hope this next year be better!

      Delete
  7. so beautiful z the combination.......Simply love this :)
    http://remyasbaking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you didn't get as much fruit as you usually do, Gloria. Mother Nature sure has been keeping us on our toes these days, lol...Your Pear Cake is just gorgeous. You sure did make them the star of this lovely looking vanilla cake. I sure would love a piece right now. I guess I will have to be just satisfied with pinning it, lol...Thank you so much for sharing, Gloria...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Whoops, again I forgot, lovely new topper:)

      Delete
  9. Hi Gloria..
    It looks beautiful..I have made similar cakes..2..and was astounded at how pretty:-)
    You must have been excited as I was:-)
    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cake looks amazing. It is too bad that you didn't get the fruit, because of the frost. I hate when things happen like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. che torta deliziosa :) è proprio bella con le pere intere affondate nella pasta. un bacio, buona giornata

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the most beautiful pear cake I have ever seen! :) ela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ela! You make beautiful cakes and beauty food:))

      Delete
  13. Oh my goodness....this looks amazing!!!! Yummy, yummy!!! I want some!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these whole pears baked in the cake. Must be so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Que topísimo este cake amiga. Me encanta la variedad de postres que preparas. Eres mi ídolo!!! :D
    Un abrazo y feliz semana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Nathy, hago lo que puedo amiga, no h estado con mucho tiempo, febrero ha sido un me complicado, besos!

      Delete
  16. so cute to see whole pears putting into cake, must be super good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. If only I was a fan of pears I would love this!! I do like apple cakes though! Sorry that your fruit harvest was not good this year, it sounds very disappointing. I hope that it will improve next year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such fun to use whole pears, Gloria. Your cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the use of whole pears, Gloria. The cake looks very moist and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a first for me. I never thought of adding fruit to my vanilla cake but it does look good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love to see my rose bush blooming right about now. Your picture made me a wee bit jealous, Gloria. Hugs and love!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gloria, this cake is delicious. I love the idea of using whole pears!!
    Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Gloria, This looks so artsy and beautiful. Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Que rico Gloria! un cake delicioso. Que pena los albaricoques...el próximo año será mejor!. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  25. Que delicia más grande Gloria, adoro los bizcochos con peras, son de mis preferidos, se ve descomunal y me encanta la nueva foto de cabecera, super linda.
    Estuve con mi familia amiga, en estos dias te escribo.
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Kako, cuando me escribas cuéntame como están tus papas, yo estoy con los mios aquí, están arreglando un poco el departamento!

      Delete
  26. I am in love with the look of this cake and i know it will taste super yummy too

    ReplyDelete
  27. Do you bake everyday dear Gloria?

    It doesn't matter - because we all love it! Abrazos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only twice a week Azra!! sometimes others things.
      I have to do a lot of things dear especially in summer !
      and my Dad and my Mom are here for this month.
      But I love bake and I would like have more time to make:)

      Delete
  28. Aren't they all set up neat, a presentation maybe too good to eat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! but you love pears Pat ?? or not, I know you love some fruits!

      Delete
  29. Che bella questa torta!! Ne immagino la bontà!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yummy, I love pears and your cake looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hard year for me too, I only have a peach tree and this year is empty! I have some berries and hopefully the feijoas bushes will gee fruit, and I will check the 'communal' fig tree up the road for harvest! But likely I live near and orchard, and soon we will have pears, so I can try this!

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This summer was sad, and yesterday I looked my quince tree and dont have any!!!
      The pears was the best Ale, xxxxxx

      Delete
  32. Que rico...pero lo que mas me gusta es el detalle de los rabitos asomandose por el queque, muy lindo.
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jaja, ami también me gusta eso, asi se nota que es pera!

      Delete
  33. Your recipes always look so good in their finished form. Do you do all the photography yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  34. Of course David, I do all the pics, !!(nobody help me lol)
    Thanks David.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I just thought someone should give you credit for how well those look!

      Delete
    2. Thanks David!
      Is nice someone tell me that!

      Delete
  35. Love the pears in the cake ~ Will have to try this one ~ Your header looks like spring has arrived Gloria ~

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the new header....and....anything with Pears has to be delectable♥️
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Vanilla cake and pears. Love it. The new header is also very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hola Gloria! Te he escrito al correo, disculpa estos días sin decir nada. Este pastel que has elaborado es una auténtica delicia, me parece de lo más rico, hice uno de pera y nos encantó a todos en casa, este tuyo es un poco distinto y me parece que más rico aún, me llevo la receta para hacerla.
    Besos y feliz día.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ciao Gloria, come stai? :) Questa torta è una delizia unica, chissà che buona! Molto belle anche le foto! Complimenti e un abbraccio, buona giornata! :) :**

    ReplyDelete
  40. sooooo delicious and cream fluffy cake you made it, i like the way look with the whole pear in it, yummy, yummy :D

    ReplyDelete
  41. I really like the idea of a whole pear! It looks like the pears are sinking in the pastry! It must be really nice this cake Gloria! Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Quelle élégance!! Tu as l'Art de nous mettre ne appétit avec tes si jolies photos!! Bonne journée ma belle Gloria;)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  43. what a cool presentation with the pears coming up through it...this is very cool gloria....
    i want some! smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Looks beautiful! I think pears are wonderful to bake with - such an overlooked fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Beautiful and yummy! You're so good at presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Ay, y que esas peritas se ven maduritas, maduritas! :-)

    Saludos desde Londres.

    ReplyDelete
  47. A beautiful cake! It must taste divine. Pears pair very will with vanilla.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  48. Lovely cake…it looks so pretty with the poached pears! Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I am drooling!
    Dear Gloria, we have moved to a new site!We invite you to http://theveggiesisters.gr/
    Kisses!
    lenia

    ReplyDelete
  50. Beautiful. I have looking for a cake just like this. I'll need to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a beautiful cake! I love how the pears are left whole

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted