28 September 2016

Classic Banana Cake (Cake de platano)







You can give a good use to your overripe bananas and make a loaf of banana bread.
Love this bread's moist texture and how smell :)
Is the best to using up those very ripe banana in the fruit bowl.

Source : Myrecipes.com,










Ingredients

2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 butter softened
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
1/3 cup plain low fat yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Method

Preheat oven to  180°c ( 350°F)

Combine the flour,baking soda and salt,stirring with a whisk.
Place sugar and butter  in a large bowl and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition . Add banana, yogurt and vanilla ; beat until blended.
Add flour mixture, beat at low speed just until moist. Spoon batter into a loaf pan coated with cooking spray or oil.
Bake at 180°c (350°F) for  about 45 minutes or until a wooden stick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
Cool completely on wire rack.

Tip

If you want marble :
Stir 1 cup batter and 1/2 cup melted semisweet chocolate chips together in a small bowl. Spoon plain batter into pan, alternating with dollops of chocolate chip batter. Drag a knife through batter to swirl.
Bake as directed.


print recipe









En español

Cake de banana














75 comments:

  1. Gloria, Banana bread is one of my wife's favorites. The other thing that I do with overripe bananas is that I slice them up, sprinkle cinnamon sugar or cocoa on them and then freeze them. They make for a cold but sweet treat later that day or the next. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks David, I think yours banana frozen treat sounds amazing, I use bananas too for Ice cream, and I love cinnamon, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our favourite too, Gloria. Your bread looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love banana bread Gloria! Yours is so beautiful!
    Hugs my friend,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I will try this right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok Hope you would love Christine, I love bana loaf :)

      Delete
  6. So many people love banana cake ... yours looks lovely.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your banana bread looks delicious Gloria...one of my husband favorite!
    Hope you are having a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Banana cakes is really such a classic, yours look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love banana bread, I bake it quite often 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. i never fret when my bananas get over-ripe because i love cakes like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. il pane alla banana non l'ho mai mangiato devo provarlo. Grazie. Il tuo è molto bello. Un abbraccio. Ciao Stefania
    Tra monti, mari e gravine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Classic and delicious banana cake.....!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Gloria, This banana cake looks wonderful! I would love to sit and have a slice with you. xo, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks Carherine I would be happy to share with you xoxo

      Delete
  14. Per una magnifica colazione!!!! Complimenti

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful! So good for breakfast! Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow...Banana cake...one of my all-time favourite comfort foods!!
    Once more you have inspired me to get baking, my dear friend...thank you so much.:))

    Much Love & Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the one cake that everyone in my house likes, looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Che buona!!! Mai provata così :)) buon sabato!

    ReplyDelete
  19. che delizioso questo banana cake, un abbraccio !

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have never made banana bread before- but have wanted to for some time because it seems like a good use of overripe bananas (which I have from time to time). This recipe sounds great. Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love banana cake. This one looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A favorite of ours! I love walnuts in mine :) Have a wonderful week, Gloria xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. A perfect way to use up those overripe bananas! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love banana bread, always a winner! I will make it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Che bontà, per una colazione deliziosa :)
    Un bacio e buon inizio di settimana.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I know it is sure a hit with Mom. The cat eats it too haha

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yummy Gloria ~ Will be baking some this weekend as next Monday is our Thanksgiving ~

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ottimo per la colazione, ma anche per una golosa merenda!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gloria..che meraviglia! Bravissima!
    Un caro saluto!
    unospicchiodimelone!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a gorgeous loaf of banana bread! My kids would love this!!! I think I have a few bananas hiding in my freezer :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. You can't beat banana cake as a crowd-pleaser Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Suddenly my morning oatmeal is looking a little boring :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  33. il est superbe j'adore la banane
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  34. Banana bread is one of my favorites! It looks delicious Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Who doesn't like banana bread? One of my favourites. Yours looks so delicious, Gloria. How is your Mom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzzy , yes we love too !
      Is ok but she is tired when has to walk, so worry me.
      I will mail you soon!

      Delete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted